All of the themes designed by KOPASOFT use the same KOPA framework; therefore, almost steps to set up and use them are similar. In this tutorial, Nictitate theme will be used as a typical example to show you how to set up a theme.
In each theme, there will be other specific features and specific ways to use; however, you should not worry because each theme includes its own detailed documentation. Certainly, you will not feel disappointed when using our products.
After successfully installing WordPress on your server, you can start the process of setting up the theme in a short while. It is very simple with these following steps:
- Step 1: Download the Nictitate theme files from your download page. The downloaded file consists of not only theme file but also demo data, document, etc.
- Step 2: Unzip the theme. Once the file has been unzipped you will notice a file named nictitate.zip. This is the theme file.
- Step 3: Login to the WordPress control panel of your website.
- Step 4: From your Dashboard, go to Appearance > Themes.
- Click Add New
- Click Upload
- Step 5: Click Browse to search for the file Nictitate.zip on your computer and click Install Now.
- Step 6: Finally, click Activate to activate it.
- Step 1: Go to Tools » Import and select the WordPress option. If you are prompted to install the WordPress Importer plugin, you should do this.
- Step 2: Click the Browse button and select the demo.xml file inside the downloaded folder which you’ve just extracted above and then clicking the Upload file and Import button.
- Step 3: A new screen will appear, check the Download and import file attachments option and click Submit.
Adding demo content
Demo content includes demo posts, pages, comments, categories, tags and so on. It is necessary in helping you to learn how the theme works; you can use them to setup a demo page. To import demo content, you can follow these steps:
Please watch the following video tutorial: