Our new framework supports a new feature which allows you to setup demo site by importing demo data only in a few clicks.
In order to setup the site like our demo, you can follow the steps bellow:
- Step 1: Install the theme: following the steps in Installing theme part
- Step 2: Import demo data: following the steps in Adding Demo Content part
- Step 3: Create menus
- Step 4: Choose a page for Front Page and Posts Page. Go to Settings » Reading. Select the page you intend to show as your Front Page and Posts Page from Front Page display.
- Step 5: Import demo backup all settings file.
We offer a demo backup all settings file with the name kopatheme.net -demo-revant-backup-all-settings.json. When you import this file, it will automatically import all settings including Layout manager, Sidebar manager, General settings like we set up in the demo site. You can follow these following steps:
- Step 5.1: Go to Appearance » Theme Options » Backup Tab » Import/ Export
- Step 5.2: Click the Choose file button and locate the kopatheme.net -demo-revant-backup-all-settings.json file in the folder and double click the file to select it and then click the Import button.
- Step 6: Import demo widgets file
- Step 6.1: Install and activate Widget Importer & Exporter plugin
We offer a demo widget file with the name kopatheme.net-demo-revant-widgets.wie. When you import this file, it will automatically drag and drop all widgets to default sidebar like we use in the demo site.
To import the file .wie you need to install Widget Importer & Exporter plugin. You have to do the following steps:
Go to Dashboard » Plugin » Add New » Search “Widget Importer & Exporter” keyword
Click Install Now to install plugin
Click Activate Plugin
After importing successfully, all widgets are dragged into default sidebar and what you should do next is configure parameters such as title, category, tag, title, excerpt length, number of post, etc. in the widgets because your elements may be unlike ours.
Note: it is possible that in the importing demo widgets process, there will be some errors as the site does not display data in some areas, you can go to Appearance » Widgets to choose the categories/ tags for the widgets, then click the Save button to save.